Recipe by LizzieBug
Searching for something better than a boring beef burger? This peanut chicken burger gives you all of the great flavors of pad thai in a juicy burger right from your grill. Great topped with an asian slaw, peanut dressing, or a sweet chili sauce. Recipe inspired by Rob Rainford. Prep time includes time for the burgers to rest.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (I like chunky)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and brush with oil.
- Carefully place patties on the grill. Meat will still be a bit loose.
- Cook on one side of an open grill for 5-8 minutes, depending on the burger thickness.
- Turn burgers and cook on other side for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Remove burgers from grill and tent with foil.
- Let burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with your choice of condiments.