Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken and noodles with a Thai influence.
Make and share this Peanut Chicken and Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lb cappellini noodles
- 2 (1 lb) packages coleslaw mix
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, peanut butter, vinegar, red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with remaining 3/4 tsp salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet; cook 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook until internal temp is 160 F (4-5 minutes). Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Cook cappellini in large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Place skillet over medium heat. Add 1 bag of coleslaw mix, scallions and 2 tbsp water. Cook stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add second bag of coleslaw mix and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Slice chicken into thin strips. Stir half of the chicken and all of the peanut sauce into skillet. Cook 2 minutes, transfer to bowl.
- Add cappellini to chicken mixture. Toss to mix well. Top with remaining sliced chicken and chopped peanuts.