Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love these chicken salads with the peanut sauces, I can't try enough of them! This is one from Emeril.
- 12 ounces dried soba noodles or 12 ounces other buckwheat noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (green tops only)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded,stem removed,and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips and lightly poached,and chilled
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, cover and refrigerate.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the jalapenos, garlic, and ginger, and process on high speed.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, the peanut butter, soy sauce, chicken stock, cilantro, fish sauce, sherry, lime juice, sugar, and pepper flakes.
- Toss the sauce to taste with the noodles.
- To serve, toss the noodles with the chicken strips, bell pepper, cucumber, peanuts, and remaining 2 tablespoons of green onions, and serve.
I cut the recipe in half for the two of us. It was well written and easy to follow. I made it exactly as posted. Because it has so many flavorful ingredients, I was surprised to find it a bit bland for our tastes. I would kick up the flavor quite a bit next time. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.