Miss Erin's Note:
I love these chicken salads with the peanut sauces, I can't try enough of them! This is one from Emeril.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces dried soba noodles or 12 ounces other buckwheat noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (green tops only)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded,stem removed,and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips and lightly poached,and chilled
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Add the noodles and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- 3Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- 4Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Toss with 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, cover and refrigerate.
- 6In the bowl of a food processor, combine 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the jalapenos, garlic, and ginger, and process on high speed.
- 7Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, the peanut butter, soy sauce, chicken stock, cilantro, fish sauce, sherry, lime juice, sugar, and pepper flakes.
- 8Toss the sauce to taste with the noodles.
- 9To serve, toss the noodles with the chicken strips, bell pepper, cucumber, peanuts, and remaining 2 tablespoons of green onions, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut, Chicken and Soba salad
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 1726.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 25.8 g