Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this after reading a dozen different chicken satay recipes and finding that I didn't have all the ingredients to make any of them. Not authentic thai, but thai-ish. It's not spicy at all to keep it toddler friendly. To make it more friendly to my gestational diabetes, I substitute an equal amount of splenda for the sugar, but left the honey in. I have frozen this dish successfully, defrost in fridge and heat in microwave. Serve over rice.
- Dice chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Saute chicken in oil over medium high heat (do not brown).
- Dice onion and add to chicken.
- When onion is soft and chicken is mostly done, turn heat down to medium and add apple juice. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn down heat to low and stir in peanut butter. Stir until combined.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes and serve.