Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Chandra6 at allrecipes.com. You can double the sauce quantities to serve over noodles or rice.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, reduced-fat preferred
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 green onions, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, chicken broth, garlic, curry powder, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. Put half the sauce in a large zip top bag and add the chicken. Allow to marinate in refrigerator 2-12 hours. Put remaining sauce in a bowl, wrap with plastic and refrigerate.
- Preheat broiler. Wrap broiler pan and drip pan in foil to reduce cleanup. Poke holes through foil on broiler pan to allow juices to drip through. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on broiler pan, and brush with 1/2 the reserved sauce. Broil 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken, and brush with remaining sauce. Continue broiling 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts, and serve.