Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Easy, yummy chicken dish that is good for a nice mid-week meal served with Jasmine Rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Cut breasts lengthwise into thirds or quarters. Mince garlic and mint in food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add peanut butter, oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and cayenne pepper to taste to processor and process to blend. Pour half of sauce over chicken, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. (You can do this in the morning before work, and it is ready to cook for dinner.) Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Thread chicken onto skewers and grill or broil 4 to 6 minutes until done.
- Heat reserved Peanut Sauce over very low heat or in microwave. (It may separate if heated too quickly. If this happens, stir to remix.) Serve chicken with Peanut Sauce for dipping.
Easy and delicious. This got raised eyebrows from the first bite, and a suprised comment on how REALLY good this was! (like DH thought my meal wasn't going to be great??) I did omit the mint and adjust for his low carb diet by using a bit less lemon and using splenda instead of sugar. Then to make it faster I just put the marinated, bite size pieces of chicken on a cookie sheet covered with parchment and broiled till done and a bit browned on top. Loved being able to use my mini chopper for the garlic and then to make the sauce... so easy!! Served with stir fried veggies and the extra sauce on the side.