Recipe by xidmary
This recipe is from a cookbook that came with a Sears food processor. That was about 30 years ago. The food processor is long gone, but the recipe lives on. I haven't made this for company in years, but I occasionally make it for myself. Instead of making it into a ball, I put the mixture into a covered bowl and serve myself from that. I like it on some crackers for lunch or as a bedtime snack.
Top Review by MommaEllen
Nice change from regular cream-cheese cheese balls. I chilled for about 2 hours before serving, but overnight would have melded the flavors together better. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cheese into strips that will fit into chute of food processor.
- Use shredder disc.
- Process to grate cheese.
- Remove shredder disc and cheese.
- Use steel chopping blade.
- Chop onion.
- Add cheese, peanuts, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Process to blend thoroughly.
- Remove from processor.
- Form into a ball; wrap in plastic and chill thoroughly.