Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I remember always getting candy and caramel apples at the fair or down the shore when I was a kid. This recipe is a little different with the addition of peanut butter, but just as good or better! If you remember having these as a kid, make them and be a kid again :) Or make them for your kids or grandkids for a treat!
- 8 -10 small apples, at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- wooden craft stick (popsicle sticks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry apples.
- Insert stick into stem end of each apple and set aside.
- Place peanuts in a shallow bowl or pie pan and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook caramels, peanut butter and water over low heat until melted and blended, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat (you may have to return to heat if mixture starts to set up).
- Dip and turn each apple in caramel mixture, coating most of the way up.
- Allow excess to drip into pan.
- Dip apples in peanuts and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet or into paper cupcake liners.
- Store in a cool place or refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.