1/1 Photo of Peanut Caramel Apples
I remember always getting candy and caramel apples at the fair or down the shore when I was a kid. This recipe is a little different with the addition of peanut butter, but just as good or better! If you remember having these as a kid, make them and be a kid again :) Or make them for your kids or grandkids for a treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry apples.
- 2Insert stick into stem end of each apple and set aside.
- 3Place peanuts in a shallow bowl or pie pan and set aside.
- 4In a heavy saucepan, cook caramels, peanut butter and water over low heat until melted and blended, stirring frequently.
- 5Remove from heat (you may have to return to heat if mixture starts to set up).
- 6Dip and turn each apple in caramel mixture, coating most of the way up.
- 7Allow excess to drip into pan.
- 8Dip apples in peanuts and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet or into paper cupcake liners.
- 9Store in a cool place or refrigerate.
- 10Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Caramel Apples
Serving Size: 1 (1894 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 200.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g