Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Directly from Mr. Food
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat two 9" x 5" loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the peanut butter and flour.
- Spread equal amounts of the mixture into the two loaf pans; bake for 20 minutes then remove the loaves from the oven and sprinkle with equal amounts of chopped peanuts.
- Return the loaves to the oven, and bake for 30 to 35 more minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the loaves from the pans, and let cool completely before slicing.