Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
PB & Chocolate - best combo ever, perfect for cravings and crappy days. This recipe is vegan friendly - and does not come out cakey (my pet peeve about vegan brownies).
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana, mashed
- egg substitute, to replace 1 large egg (or real egg)
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil (or other light oil)
- 1 1⁄3 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chocolate (chips or crushed chunks)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat first 5 ingredients. Stir in egg replacer and oil until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid, stirring only until combined.
- Add chocolate chips/chunks. Spread in a 9x13 dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (bake time varies depending on how chewy/cooked you want your brownies.
These were easy to mix up and my guys liked them. I used the maple syrup instead of the white sugar and next time I will use the sugar since I think the maple over powered the banana. I could taste the maple and peanut butter but not the banana. My guys commented on the peanut butter and my son particularly liked that. These have a pretty reasonable fat content too and I cut this pan size into 24 pieces and then you get more than 1 to make up the 8-12 servings on which the nutritional content for this recipe is based. I will make these again. Thanks for posting!
recipe wasn't very clear, i wasn't sure what to do with the oil since no amounts of oil were specified, so i added 1/4 cup, then when mixing dry and liquids together i add 1/4 cup soy milk because it was really crumbly. they taste good but they are still extreamly crumbly, you have to eat them with a spoon