Recipe by food girl II
PB & Chocolate - best combo ever, perfect for cravings and crappy days. This recipe is vegan friendly - and does not come out cakey (my pet peeve about vegan brownies).
Top Review by misty6786
I didn't add oil, but used more peanut butter and bananas. I also used chocolate cookie crumbs instead of the chocolate chips and cocoa. I think cookies made with the amounts listed in the same pan size as the recipe specifies must be very thin. I used a 7x11 pan instead.
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana, mashed
- egg substitute, to replace 1 large egg (or real egg)
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil (or other light oil)
- 1 1⁄3 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chocolate (chips or crushed chunks)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat first 5 ingredients. Stir in egg replacer and oil until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid, stirring only until combined.
- Add chocolate chips/chunks. Spread in a 9x13 dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (bake time varies depending on how chewy/cooked you want your brownies.