Recipe by Darlene10
A very rich and addictive slice that I thought I would share with you. I got this recipe several years ago from a cousin.
Top Review by Gerry
Yes, rich and addictive, a terrific slice to add to my holiday stash. Made two butterscotch recipes for the butterscotch fans, this and your Recipe#67506 - and it was "you better hide them" Other then saving a few for tonight's holiday tray they are well hidden! Thank you for another of your recipes that makes for a winner at our house.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together flour, 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar.
- Pat into a 9 x 9 pan and bake for 10 minutes at 375°.
- In double boiler heat 2-6 oz.
- packages of butterscotch chips, 1/2 cup corn syrup, 1 tbsp.
- water and 2 tsp.
- butter until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of peanuts to this mixture and spread on crust.
- Place back in oven for 5 minutes.