Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Anytime I can make candy in the microwave, I"m all over it. Since I'm such a pretzel freak, I love this quick/easy recipe and snack. The amount of tiny pretzel twists is a guess and also feel free to omit the sesame seeds.
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 60 tiny pretzel twists
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a medium microwave safe bowl on medium high power, microwave morsels and peanut butter for 1 minute.
- Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip about 3/4 of one pretzel in butterscotch mixture.
- Shake off excess.
- Place on wire rack.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- If mixture thickens, microwave on medium high power at 10-20 second intervals.
- Stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- Store in airtight container.
I tried the microwave method and then a second attempt using a double boiler. Neither approach ended in a creamy consistency...maybe it was the type of peanut butter I used. So then I melted Reeses peanut butter morsels in a double boiler with a bit of cream and that worked perfectly. The kids loved them. Left off the sesame seeds.
Just the right amount of peanut butter . The butterscocth flavor was wonderful. A great snack for the football game A GREAT RECIPE !!