Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These bars are sweet yet healthy....peanut butter, fiber, and dried fruit. I make them when my son needs a "healthy snack" to bring in for the class. I cut them into squares and put them in cupcake baking papers.
- 7 cups bite size shredded whole wheat cereal (frosted OR unfrosted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or crunchy)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Lightly spray a 13" x 9" pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar---microwave on high about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until sides bubbly.
- Stir to combine well.
- Mix in cereal and cranberries and mix to evenly coat; Ok to crush some of the cereal.
- Press evenly into prepared 13" x 9" pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
I was intrigued by the shredded wheat ingredient and it really added to the taste/texture of these bars. They make for a satisfying crunch when you bite into it! I used half raisins/cranberries, since I had them both on hand. Thanks Parsly for posting. Roxygirl