Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crisp and nutty -- a nice change of pace for breakfast! Wonderful, too, as dessert waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce. From the Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cookbook dated 1963.
- 118.29 ml peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 354.88 ml milk
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour (stirred to remove all lumps, spooned lightly into measuring cups)
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 44.37 ml sugar
- Cream together peanut butter and shortening.
- Blend in eggs and milk.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add to peanut butter mixture, beating until smooth.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle maker, and bake per waffle maker instructions!
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- Wonderful, too, as dessert waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
The waffle dough was thick a lot. But it gave great waffles. I made them for my son and he liked them so much with maple syrup. They had a great texture. Crispy outside and moist inside. Thanks Kerfuffle :) Made for Photo tag game