Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Crisp and nutty -- a nice change of pace for breakfast! Wonderful, too, as dessert waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce. From the Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cookbook dated 1963.
Top Review by Boomette
The waffle dough was thick a lot. But it gave great waffles. I made them for my son and he liked them so much with maple syrup. They had a great texture. Crispy outside and moist inside. Thanks Kerfuffle :) Made for Photo tag game
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (stirred to remove all lumps, spooned lightly into measuring cups)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Cream together peanut butter and shortening.
- Blend in eggs and milk.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add to peanut butter mixture, beating until smooth.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle maker, and bake per waffle maker instructions!
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- Wonderful, too, as dessert waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce.