Found in my TOH Simple & Delicious magazine and fell in love immediately. I served with warmed mixed jelly - that way it was more syrupy than jellied. It is great with just some butter spread on it and fresh fruit too. Hope you like them too. I have put the serving as 2 waffles so this creates 5 servings (10 waffles total)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, separate egg yolks into bowl (keep egg whites in another small bowl). Whisk egg yolks, milk, peanut butter and butter.
- Stir egg yolk mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In the small bowl with the egg whites, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Bake waffles in a preheated waffle iron that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Use the temperature setting to get the end results you prefer in your waffles - we like ours just golden brown but hubby likes his a bit more cooked so it is crispier.
- Serve with heated jelly (so it is more like a syrup), or use a fruit flavored syrup, or just serve with fresh fruit and yogurt.