Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a leaflet that came with my waffle maker. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Process peanut butter, egg yolk, milk, vanilla and butter together in a blender. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Pour a scant 1/2 cup of batter onto the heated waffle mold.
- For Low-Fat, Low -Cholesterol Waffles: Use skim milk. Leave out egg yolks. Use liquid vegetable oils, like canola, corn or sunflower, instead of butter.
- For Higher-Fiber Waffles: Sub 1/2-cup or more whole wheat flour. Sub 1/4-cup wheat or oat bran.
- For Sugarless Waffles: Sub 1 tablespoon of thawed all-natural white grape or apple juice, from concentrate for each teaspoon of sugar. If adding more than 1 tablespoon of juice from concentrate, add a little less milk.