Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- smucker's fruit syrup
- Combine pancake mix and sugar in medium bowl.
- Mix peanut butter, egg, milk and oil in small bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, and beat just until blended.
- Bake in preheated waffle maker until done.
- Top with fruit syrup.
I used just-add-water mix but it didn't work real well for me, the batter was watery thin and the waffles turned black within 2 minutes of cooking. I just couldn't get them done without turning black. Tasted okay but somewhat burnt. I just think the batter needs to be thicker.
I used just-add-water pancake mix and omited the egg and sugar. Makes a nice waffle. Served with blueberry syrup - almost like having fried PB&J sandwiches!