Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is bread dipped in batter and made in a waffle iron. It is a cross between French toast and a waffle.
- Heat waffle iron and grease with cooking spray.
- Stir milk, Bisquick,peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg until blended.
- Dip bread into batter on both sides. (If coating is too thick add 1 teaspoon of milk at a time until desired consistency.).
- Place in waffle iron and close lid.
- Bake about 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove waffle toast.
- Sprinkle each waffle with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips.
This is an interesting recipe. It isn't reall a waffle and it isn't really french toast. It is denser and heavier than a waffle, but doesn't really have the same texture as french toast either. The taste is fine, with a slight hint of peanut butter. The batter is really think and does make the bread difficult to work with since it was causing the bread to fall apart. I served with jelly and powdered sugar.