Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was the $10,000 winner in the "Weekends Made Special" category. It was submitted by Laura Stensberg from Marshfield, Wi. for the Bake-Off 42(Orlando, 2006). She also won a GE Profile "Oven with Convection". Cooling time at least 2 hours or longer.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in crushed granola bars until well mixed.
- Press dough in bottom and up sides of ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 12-17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- With back of spoon, press down crust on bottom and sides; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Press down crust again with spoon.
- Cool 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large microwavable, bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream on HIGH 1 minute.
- Stir; microwave 1-2 minutes longer, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent chocolate from burning, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave peanut butter on HIGH 1 minute or until melted; stir.
- Spread warm peanut butter in bottom of crust.
- Pour chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture.
- Sprinkle peanuts evenly over top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving time.
- For easier cutting, let tart stand at room temperature 15 minute before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
- NOTE:* To crush granola bars easily, do not unwrap; use rolling pin to crush bars.