1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies
Annz Recipez's Note:
I love peanut butter, oatmeal, and bananas--put the three together with my favorite trail mix and it's the perfect cookie! These are hearty enough to have for breakfast, which is how I like to eat them, along with a cup of hot chai tea. YUM! I adapted this recipe from the one in "Cookies! A Cookie Lover's Collection" cookbook--their recipe was a little too crumbly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (optional(adds fiber and omega 3s)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup trail mix
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- 3Add peanut butter and blend well.
- 4Mix in egg white, banana and vanilla.
- 5Add flours, flax seed meal, baking powder and salt and stir until well mixed.
- 6Add oatmeal and stir until soft dough forms.
- 7If the trail mix has large chunks (like dried pineapple), cut into smaller chunks, then measure to make 1 cup.
- 8Stir trail mix into the batter.
- 9You can either drop the dough by heaping teaspoonsful onto the cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) or shape the batter a litte into flattened balls of dough. I like to shape them a bit.
- 10Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- 11Bake for 8 - 12 minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 109.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g