Recipe by *Z*
I got this recipe out of a Southern Living magazine in the break room at work. I haven't made these yet.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter with brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour and salt and gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spread evenly into a greased 15x11x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden on edges.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with chocolate chips.
- Allow to stand 2-3 minutes so chips can soften.
- Spread and swirl evenly over top of toffee.
- Set aside.
- Melt peanut butter chips and vegetable shortening in a small pot over low heat.
- Stir to blend smoothly.
- Drizzle randomly over the top of the chocolate.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into squares.