Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a peanut butter with chocolate chips bar /square with a chocolate top layer that is sprinkled with toffee chips. I believe my mother originally got this recipe from Skippy Peanut Butter.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup toffee pieces (Heath toffee bits are found in the baking section of supermarkets)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer, beat peanut butter and softened margarine till creamy. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla and mix till thick and creamy. Beat in eggs and then flour. Stir in 1°C of chocolate chips. Put dough into prepared pan and press dough evenly throughout pan. ( I found its easier using my hands to press the dough evenly ).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining 1°C of chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes . Evenly spread melted chocolate completely over dough, then sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool completely. To serve cut into bars or squares.