Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this as a sick-to-your-ribs breakfast or as a late night snack. Melted peanut butter on toast-ummmm. From Bride and Groom: First and forever cookbook.
- 2 slices challah (1 inch thick) or 2 slices white bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- honey, for drizzling
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Toast the bread.
- Combine the milk, bananas, maple syrup, vanilla, and a handful of ice cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute.
- Put the peanut butter in a small bowl or ramekin and heat in the microwave until warm, about 10 seconds. Spread the peanut butter on the toast and drizzle with honey. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Pour the banana milk into the glasses. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
So yummy! I used frozen peaches in stead of ice and added a bit of cocoa to the shake. I also used wheat bread.
Yummy! Quick and tasty. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
This was quick and so delicious! BF has a thing for peanut butter and bananas together so I knew he would love this. I made just as written except that I didn't microwave the peanut butter. I just spread it on the toast while it was still hot and the peanut butter melted perfectly. And one less dish to wash! A perfect combo. Thanks for sharing. Made for JEFES World Zaar4!