Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 295.73 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 118.29 ml Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 14.78 ml milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 414.03 ml Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Pacific Mountain Strawberry Preserves, stirred
- HEAT oven to 375°F
- COMBINE brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat into peanut butter mixture at low speed just until blended.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 6 minutes. Immediately press centers of cookies with back of measuring teaspoon. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- SPOON preserves into center of each cookie. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.