1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Thumbprints
Orchard's Finest®'s Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Pacific Mountain Strawberry Preserves, stirred
- 1HEAT oven to 375°F
- 2COMBINE brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg just until blended.
- 3COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat into peanut butter mixture at low speed just until blended.
- 4SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 5BAKE 6 minutes. Immediately press centers of cookies with back of measuring teaspoon. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- 6SPOON preserves into center of each cookie. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (955 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1408.7
- Calories from Fat 622
- Total Fat 69.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 1255.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 177.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 108.6 g
- Protein 26.1 g