Recipe by Juenessa
These taste so good and are pretty too!
Top Review by chwild
These are pretty good. I would suggest using less sugar because they are very sweet! I used unsalted peanuts, so I just added a little salt to the cookie batter. For the filling I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and next time I will either use all milk chocolate or half semi and half milk.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy -your preference)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually add to peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in chopped peanuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just set.
- Press thumb gently in center of each cookie; cool slightly.
- Remove from cooking sheet and cool completely.
- Prepare thumbprint filling:.
- In small mixer bowl; beat cream cheese, corn syrup and vanilla until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate chips, beating well.
- Gradually add powdered sugar; beating until blended and smooth. (Makes about 1 1/3 cups of filling).
- Pipe about 1/2 teaspoon filling into each thumbprint.
- Note: On cooking time I just put 10 minutes because it depends on how many cookies you are able to put on each cookie sheet; how many cookie sheets you have; if you have a double oven, etc.