1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
These taste so good and are pretty too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy -your preference)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large mixer bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until well blended.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 4Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 5Gradually add to peanut butter mixture.
- 6Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in chopped peanuts.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just set.
- 9Press thumb gently in center of each cookie; cool slightly.
- 10Remove from cooking sheet and cool completely.
- 11Prepare thumbprint filling:.
- 12In small mixer bowl; beat cream cheese, corn syrup and vanilla until well blended.
- 13Add melted chocolate chips, beating well.
- 14Gradually add powdered sugar; beating until blended and smooth. (Makes about 1 1/3 cups of filling).
- 15Pipe about 1/2 teaspoon filling into each thumbprint.
- 16Note: On cooking time I just put 10 minutes because it depends on how many cookies you are able to put on each cookie sheet; how many cookie sheets you have; if you have a double oven, etc.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1227.2
- Calories from Fat 669
- Total Fat 74.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 706.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 79.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g