Recipe by carol ann in canada
Unique floured "Breakfast Biscuits". May be served with your favourite jam. Raisins or currants, or even chopped nuts, may be added to this recipe.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine shortening and peanut butter and cut then into flour mixture with a knife or pastry blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk to make a soft dough (DO NOT OVER MIX).
- Turn dough on to a LIGHTLY floured board and knead slightly.
- Roll 1/2-3/4 inch thick and cut with a floured cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on an UNGREASED baking sheet 1-1&1/2-inches apart if crusty biscuits are desired (if touching, then the biscuits will be "soft-sided").
- Bake in a hot oven (425°F-450°F) for 10-15 minutes.