Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mmmmm, moist cake, peanut butter and chocolate! Prep time does not include cooling.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Tastykake - Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using small saucepan, scald milk and butter. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients, add cooled milk mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured sheet pan (with at least 1" sides).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter over cake while it is still hot.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When peanut butter has hardened, melt chocolate and spread over top.
- Let chocolate cool and harden.
- Serve with coffee or a tall glass of milk!
Baker beware...this recipe calls for way too much baking powder. Mine came out too puffy and crumbly. After researching further, I discovered several other recipes that use only 2 tsp. of baking powder. I think this recipe has a mis-print.
I made this today for a friends birthday that has never had the privilege of tasting TastyKakes. Everyone loved it and it was so easy but the chocolate ran over the plate. I think if you freeze the cake then pour on the the candy coating. It should go on so much easier.. It tasted just like a Kandy Kake.