Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mmmmm, moist cake, peanut butter and chocolate! Prep time does not include cooling.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces hershey's chocolate candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using small saucepan, scald milk and butter. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients, add cooled milk mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured sheet pan (with at least 1" sides).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter over cake while it is still hot.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When peanut butter has hardened, melt chocolate and spread over top.
- Let chocolate cool and harden.
- Serve with coffee or a tall glass of milk!
Baker beware...this recipe calls for way too much baking powder. Mine came out too puffy and crumbly. After researching further, I discovered several other recipes that use only 2 tsp. of baking powder. I think this recipe has a mis-print.
I made this today for a friends birthday that has never had the privilege of tasting TastyKakes. Everyone loved it and it was so easy but the chocolate ran over the plate. I think if you freeze the cake then pour on the the candy coating. It should go on so much easier.. It tasted just like a Kandy Kake.