Recipe by Mrs. Sherm
Mmmmm, moist cake, peanut butter and chocolate! Prep time does not include cooling.
Top Review by Sweetslover
Baker beware...this recipe calls for way too much baking powder. Mine came out too puffy and crumbly. After researching further, I discovered several other recipes that use only 2 tsp. of baking powder. I think this recipe has a mis-print.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces hershey's chocolate candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using small saucepan, scald milk and butter. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients, add cooled milk mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured sheet pan (with at least 1" sides).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter over cake while it is still hot.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When peanut butter has hardened, melt chocolate and spread over top.
- Let chocolate cool and harden.
- Serve with coffee or a tall glass of milk!