Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Yum! Yum! Yum! Peanut butter, chocolate & ice cream! Scrumptious and a nice presentation. Got this one from a Family Circle Magazine.
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 24 cream filled chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 29 chocolate-dipped wafer cookies (You know those skinny wafer cookies that come in chocolate,vanilla & strawberry...only get "Chocolat)
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter (not reduced fat)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup bottled hot fudge
- Remove ice cream from freezer 30 minutes before using.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in food processor.
- Whirl until crumbled,add butter, whirl until crumbled.
- Stand wafer cookies around inside edge of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of chocolate crumb mixture,spoon remaining crumb mixture into pan;press evenly over bottom.
- Stir peanut butter,honey& oil in a small dish until blended.
- Place softened ice cream in lg.
- bowl,drizzle about half of the peanut butter mixture onto ice cream,fold together to swirl.
- (other half of peanut butter is reserved to use on top of cake when ready to serve.) Spoon half of the ice cream mixture into prepared pan, spread level.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining chocolate crumb mixture,pressing mixture down with the back of spoon.
- Spoon on remaining ice cream;spread level.
- Place the cake on a baking sheet and place in freezer.
- Freeze until cake is solid,at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve:Stir fudge sauce in glass measure to loosen,but do not warm.
- Spoon remaining peanut butter in blobs over top of cake along with blobs of fudge topping.
- Swirl together with the tip of a knife.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice cake into wedges.