Recipe by Chef on the coast
I got this recipe from Taste of Home and changed the peanut butter to chunky - as we love nuts. I also added additional peanuts to the batter. This is great for lunches or just snacking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and milk; mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Divide batter in half.
- To one portion - add - peanut butter and peanut butter chips. (I also added extra peanuts to this portion as well.).
- To the second portion - add - cocoa and chocolate chips.
- In a greased 9 inch baking pan, spoon chocolate batter in eight mounds - checkerboard style.
- Spoon seven mounds of peanut butter batter between chocolate batter.
- Cut through batters with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Note: Double recipe for 9x13 pan.