Recipe by ILuvRecipes
These brownies are fudgy and ohhhh so good! If you like peanut butter and chocolate, then these are for you. Recipe from Shape Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat together the applesauce, sugars, egg, and buttermilk.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the applesauce mixture, and mix until well blended.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Add peanut butter and peanut butter chips to one portion of the batter.
- Add cocoa and mini chocolate chips to the other portion of the batter.
- Spoon chocolate batter into 8 mounds in a checkerboard pattern into the pan.
- Spoon 7 mounds of the peanut butter batter into the pan placing it between the chocolate mounds.
- Using the tip of a knife, swirl batters.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees or till edges begin to pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cut into 16 squares.