Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These brownies are fudgy and ohhhh so good! If you like peanut butter and chocolate, then these are for you. Recipe from Shape Magazine.
- Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat together the applesauce, sugars, egg, and buttermilk.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the applesauce mixture, and mix until well blended.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Add peanut butter and peanut butter chips to one portion of the batter.
- Add cocoa and mini chocolate chips to the other portion of the batter.
- Spoon chocolate batter into 8 mounds in a checkerboard pattern into the pan.
- Spoon 7 mounds of the peanut butter batter into the pan placing it between the chocolate mounds.
- Using the tip of a knife, swirl batters.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees or till edges begin to pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cut into 16 squares.