Recipe by Katie Jane
A brownie bottom with a cream cheesy top, a great recipe for sharing, cause you shouldn't keep it all to yourself!
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine (separated)
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter (I used smooth)
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (I used semi-sweet)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7⁄8 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl cream together 1/4 cup of the margarine, peanut butter, and the brown sugar. Beat in 1 of the eggs and the cream cheese, a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth.
- Melt 1/2 cup margarine with the chocolate over low heat,, I did this in the microwave, on LOW heat! stirring until smooth, and let cool.
- In another bowl cream together the remaining 1/2 cup margarine, sugar, beating until light and fluffy, and beat in the remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate, vanilla, flour and pour the batter into a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Drop dollops of the peanut butter mixture into the batter, swirling to marble the batter. Bake the brownies in the middle of a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until they pull away slightly from the sides of the pan. Let brownies cool before cutting into squares.