Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
my granddaughter's favorite cookie
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, brown sugar, shortening, peanut butter, egg and vanilla together;
- mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls, roll in remaining sugar.
- Arrange on ungreased cookie sheet, slightly flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place one chocolate kiss in center of each cookie.
I have this recipe written down on a card from over 20 years ago, but all it had was the ingredients and could never figure out what it was for. It's so cool we live in a world where you can just type in random ingredients and find the recipe! The only difference is that the one I have doesn't have Vanilla listed as an ingredient. I'll be trying it out over the holiday. I just wish I could remember where I got the recipe from!
These didn't have the peanut buttery taste that I was looking for. I think it calls for way too much vanilla, it was overpowering in the cookie.
Mmmmm these turned out very yummy! Thank you so much for the incredible treat :)