Recipe by Sherrybeth
I'll admit that when I first saw this recipe my first reaction was HUH? This is the only way my son will eat them now. ***update*** I recently made this recipe with the prepackaged sweet potato fries and it was wonderful. Just put them in the pan first, the pour the topping over them.
Top Review by laurielue
I must say these are the best I've ever had. I made these last Thanksgiving and my kids couldn't get enough. This Thanksgiving they're begging me to make them again! This is a winner!
- 6 large sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the sweet potatoes and put them into a 2 quart buttered casserole dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans and mix well.
- Cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until it is well blended and the peanut butter blends inches.
- Once it is well blended, add the pecans and stir well.
- Pour this mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.