These took like your usual soft chocolate cookies, until you take a bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1Mix together flour, cocoa, & baking soda in small bowl.
- 2In large mixing bowl, beat butter, both sugars, & 1/2 cup peanut butter until light. Blend in vanilla, eggs, & sour cream.
- 3Mix dry ingredients in with wet, and set aside.
- 4In separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar & 1 1/2 cups peanut butter.
- 5Roll filling into 1-inch balls. Alternatively, you can chill filling slightly, roll into a long cylinder, and slice.
- 6Take small amount of dough, about twice the size of a filling ball (1 1/2 - 2 tbsp), and form a little cup. Put a filling ball inside, and pinch the dough-cup shut.
- 7Place filled dough-balls about 2 inches apart on non-stick cookie sheet.
- 8Flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- 9Bake in preheated 375 deg. F for 7-8 minutes.
- 10Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then cool the rest of the way on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 249.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g