Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
These took like your usual soft chocolate cookies, until you take a bite!
Make and share this Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, & baking soda in small bowl.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, both sugars, & 1/2 cup peanut butter until light. Blend in vanilla, eggs, & sour cream.
- Mix dry ingredients in with wet, and set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar & 1 1/2 cups peanut butter.
- Roll filling into 1-inch balls. Alternatively, you can chill filling slightly, roll into a long cylinder, and slice.
- Take small amount of dough, about twice the size of a filling ball (1 1/2 - 2 tbsp), and form a little cup. Put a filling ball inside, and pinch the dough-cup shut.
- Place filled dough-balls about 2 inches apart on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake in preheated 375 deg. F for 7-8 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then cool the rest of the way on wire rack.
Wonderful new twist on an old favorite of ours, & I thoroughly enjoyed making these great treats! I shared a few of them with a neighbor couple, but the majority of them were devoured right here at home by the 2 of us! Your recipe is a great keeper, & I'll be making these again & again, I just know it! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]