Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
These cookies will have a moist, brownie like texture the day you make them and get crispier the following day. You can also make them with other favorite chocolate candies. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Adding marshmallows to the container will prevent the cookies from drying out. Recipe is from Martha Stewart.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling dough
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream peanut butter and butter in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add brown sugar; beat until combined, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture in two batches.
- Scoop off dough by the tablespoon; roll into balls.
- Place granulated sugar on a plate; roll balls in sugar, coating completely.
- Place 2 inches apart on a nonstick insulated baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies begin to puff up slightly, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Press one peanut butter cup in center of each cookie.
- Return to oven; continue baking until cookies are golden brown and chocolate has begun to melt, about 6 minutes more.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring cookies to rack to cool completely.