Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I've had this recipe in my file forever! I made these and gave some to my kids and the neighborhood kids who were outside playing. They went wild for them! I kept having more and more kids show up at my door wanting some more! lol They are soft and have a nice peanut butter middle. Kind of reminds me of the commercial Hershey's cookies that are Reese's flavored.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars, and 1/4 c peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, cocoa,and baking soda;add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Blend powder sugar with remaining peanut butter until smooth.Roll into 24 balls; 1" each.
- Divide cookie dough into 24 pieces;flatten each into a 3" circle.
- Place one peanut butter ball on each circle; bring edges over to completely cover it.(Dough may crack; reshape cookie as needed.).
- Place cookies seam side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until set.
- NOTE:Between baking times, I kept the dough in the fridge so that it wouldn't get all sticky when I had to roll it into balls.