Recipe by Muffin Goddess
My friends could eat this stuff by the gallon, I swear. Easy and quick to make, and it's great with chocolate or Moose Tracks ice cream. From the Eagle Brand condensed milk website. Preparation time includes cooking time.
Top Review by Boomette
I made it without the optional peanuts. I'm sure it would be great but I didn't have any to add. I used a little bit of cinnamon. I made my own condensed milk and used it in this recipe. It was great. The sauce was great on vanilla ice cream. Thanks Muffin Goddess :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk, I use fat-free with good results)
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (I use smooth, but chunky is fine if you prefer)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and optional peanuts and cinnamon (if using).
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- May be used as a dip for sliced apples, too.