Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friends could eat this stuff by the gallon, I swear. Easy and quick to make, and it's great with chocolate or Moose Tracks ice cream. From the Eagle Brand condensed milk website. Preparation time includes cooking time.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk, I use fat-free with good results)
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (I use smooth, but chunky is fine if you prefer)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and optional peanuts and cinnamon (if using).
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- May be used as a dip for sliced apples, too.
I made it without the optional peanuts. I'm sure it would be great but I didn't have any to add. I used a little bit of cinnamon. I made my own condensed milk and used it in this recipe. It was great. The sauce was great on vanilla ice cream. Thanks Muffin Goddess :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
I didn't think 1/3 cup of pb would result in a strong enough peanut butter flavor for me, but holy cow! This stuff is fantastic!!!
Really tasty! My kids really liked it on their ice cream, while I tried it on bananas. Great treat. Bet it would super on pancakes! Thanks for posting.