Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 48 mins
A nice take on the traditional sugar cookie! Super easy to prepare! (Prep time includes chill time)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Mix together powdered sugar, egg, margarine, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Slowly add flour and baking soda while mixing.
- Dough will be thick but only slightly sticky. Put in refrigerator to chill for 90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies in desired shapes (about 2-21/2 inch cookies).
- Place cookies on lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle some granulated sugars on top.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes until edges are only lightly browned. Cookie will remain light in color.
- Cool on rack for 5-10 minutes. Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
These are spectacular!!! Made in a mini muffin tin with mini peanut butter cups in the center, baked 13 minutes and they are not going to last.
absolutely loved these cookies i added chocolate chips to them and they were a hit everyone loved it. i will definitely be making more of these.
This was so much easier dough to work with than regular sugar cookies, plus it has the PB flavor my family loves!! Thanks for this recipe.