Recipe by Vino Girl
Whew! That is some title. The peanut butter topping on this is outstanding. My bananas were very sweet and ripe, so I was able to get away with less sugar in the batter (I used the full amount in the topping though). From Southern Living.
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 709.77 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml flour, plus
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml butter
- 44.37 ml creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour 2 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- Make bread batter by beating butter and cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until just blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Gradually add this to butter mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Pour batter into pans.
- Make streusel by combining the flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in the butter and peanut butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the batter, and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If necessary, shield the top with foil for last 15 minutes to prevent browning.
- Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pan, and allow to cool on a wire rack for another 30 minutes.