1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Streusel-Topped Cream Cheese Banana-Nut Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
Whew! That is some title. The peanut butter topping on this is outstanding. My bananas were very sweet and ripe, so I was able to get away with less sugar in the batter (I used the full amount in the topping though). From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour 2 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- 2Make bread batter by beating butter and cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- 3Add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until just blended.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Gradually add this to butter mixture, stirring just until blended.
- 5Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Pour batter into pans.
- 6Make streusel by combining the flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in the butter and peanut butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small peas.
- 7Sprinkle the mixture over the batter, and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If necessary, shield the top with foil for last 15 minutes to prevent browning.
- 8Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pan, and allow to cool on a wire rack for another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Streusel-Topped Cream Cheese Banana-Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2013 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3362.1
- Calories from Fat 1354
- Total Fat 150.5 g
- Saturated Fat 84.8 g
- Cholesterol 554.9 mg
- Sodium 2366.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 472.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 280.4 g
- Protein 44.9 g