Recipe by Vino Girl
Whew! That is some title. The peanut butter topping on this is outstanding. My bananas were very sweet and ripe, so I was able to get away with less sugar in the batter (I used the full amount in the topping though). From Southern Living.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour 2 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- Make bread batter by beating butter and cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until just blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Gradually add this to butter mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Pour batter into pans.
- Make streusel by combining the flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in the butter and peanut butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the batter, and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If necessary, shield the top with foil for last 15 minutes to prevent browning.
- Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pan, and allow to cool on a wire rack for another 30 minutes.