Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A must for chocolate and peanut butter lovers' Cook time is for chilling in refridgerator.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Spray or butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place butter and peanut butter in mixing bowl and beat on medium about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and graham cracker crumbs to the bowl, beat until the sugar is mixed in and a stiff dough forms.
- Press the dough into baking dish (make sure dough is pressed firmly).
- Pour chocolate chips and cream into a glass bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, stir (you may need to microwave again to make sure all the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth).
- Pour melted mixture evenly over the dough, smooth with spatula.
- Refrigerate the pan until chocolate is set (bout 1 hour).
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap or foil and store in the fridge until ready to cut into squares.
- Take out of fridge about 15 minutes to make cutting easier.
- Store in fridge in covered container.
Was temped to use my usual chunky PB, but then didn't, & was very happy with the way these chocolaty treats turned out! Definitely worth keeping around! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]
These were very good!! They are easy to make and go together very quickly. I have been searching for many years for a chocolate peanut butter bar recipe similar to the one I used to get in my high school cafeteria. Unfortunately, this isn't it, but these were delicious anyway. They are very rich and my family loved them. Thank you for sharing this recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!