Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a homemade version of Reese Peanut Butter cups by Nigella Lawson. They got me through my 10 years in England where I couldn't buy the Reese version. Now I think the whole family prefer these.
for the Base
- 50 g dark brown sugar
- 200 g icing sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 200 g peanut butter
for the the Topping
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- line a 23 cm square tin with foil or parchment paper.
- Stir all ingredients for the base together until smooth. You can use the paddle attachment to a mixer but a bowl and wooden spoon work just as well. (some of the sugar will remain lumpy).
- Press the sandy mixture into the bottom of the tin as tight as possible and make the top as even as possible.
- To make the topping melt the chocolate and butter together and spread on the base.
- Put in the fridge to set.
- When the chocolate is hardened cut into small squares.