1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Squares
This is another gem from my grandmother. When I was a kid I used to eat these things like crazy. They are the perfect cure for a peanut butter and chocolate craving. It is a fairly unique recipe and everyone who has ever tried it loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and pre-grease a 9x13 inches baking pan.
- 2In a large bowl cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- 3Blend in the egg, 1/3 cup of peanut butter, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- 4Slowly add the flour and rolled oats.
- 5Spread evenly in a 9x13 inches baking pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- 6Immediately sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips evenly on the top and let sit for 5 minutes then spread evenly over the surface with a rubber spatula.
- 7Make the topping by combining the confectioners sugar, and peanut butter and slowly add the milk and mix well until you find the right consistency to drizzle on top.
- 8Drizzle the topping on top of the chocolate in whatever design you wish. I usually make 3 long stripes down the pan, 2 on the edges and one in the middle, then using a toothpick or the edge of a knife make alternating streaks up and down the pan.
- 9Allow to cool and cut in squares for 12 large servings or rectangles for 24 servings.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Squares
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 235.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g