Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another gem from my grandmother. When I was a kid I used to eat these things like crazy. They are the perfect cure for a peanut butter and chocolate craving. It is a fairly unique recipe and everyone who has ever tried it loves it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and pre-grease a 9x13 inches baking pan.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Blend in the egg, 1/3 cup of peanut butter, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour and rolled oats.
- Spread evenly in a 9x13 inches baking pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips evenly on the top and let sit for 5 minutes then spread evenly over the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Make the topping by combining the confectioners sugar, and peanut butter and slowly add the milk and mix well until you find the right consistency to drizzle on top.
- Drizzle the topping on top of the chocolate in whatever design you wish. I usually make 3 long stripes down the pan, 2 on the edges and one in the middle, then using a toothpick or the edge of a knife make alternating streaks up and down the pan.
- Allow to cool and cut in squares for 12 large servings or rectangles for 24 servings.
These are super easy to make and excellent! The only caution I have is that if you're planning to take them somewhere, be aware that the peanut butter drizzle doesn't harden like the chocolate does, so they shouldn't be stacked. I think maybe next time I'll use a combo of chocolate and peanut butter chips instead, so it will harden. This is definately a keeper - thanks for sharing it!! Made for I Recommend Tag.
Followed your recipe right on down & had A GREAT PB & CHOCOLATE TREAT, for 4 of us, with a few left over for my son & DIL to take home with them! I'm no fan of the Reese's things, but these are in a class of their own! Thanks for a wonderful recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]