Recipe by Carmen B.
These are awesome with that added crunch in the frosting. Does not include cool time.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 -2 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat granulated and brown sugars, butter, 1/3 cup peanut butter and the egg with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Spread in pan.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar, crunchy peanut butter and milk until smooth and spreadable; reserve 1/3 cup. Stir cocoa and 1 tablespoon milk into remaining frosting until smooth. If necessary, stir in additional milk until spreadable.
- Spread cooled bars with cocoa frosting. Drop Peanut Butter Frosting by teaspoonfuls onto cocoa frosting; swirl through frostings for marbled design.