Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
More than satisfies a peanut butter addiction!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 lb milk chocolate chips
- Melt butter.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, peanut butter, and graham crackers.
- Mix all these ingredients together and then spread mixture in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler (I do it very carefully in the microwave) and pour on top; chill.
- Cut into squares.
- (HINT: Do not wait until they are fully chilled to cut because the chocolate topping gets too hard and will crack.).
I make these all the time. I always add a few heaping tablespoons of peanut butter (just because I like it) and 2-3 level tablespoons of shortening to the milk chocolate chips. The shortening keeps the topping from becoming too hard and cracking when you cut it. I always store them in the fridge.
I really like your variation of this treat. They are lighter on the sugar and heavier on the chocolate than other recipes I've tried (for chocolate lovers that is a plus). I will make these again and definately cut them in small pieces because they are very rich! Thanks!
Everyone loves these. My mom has been making them for years; she requested the recipe from a friend who brought them to a dinner party, and they've been a favorite ever since. My little brother absolutely ADORES these and asks for them all the time. They are always the star of the dessert table. Simple, yet delicious. Thanks for posting this recipe!