Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my mother-in-law's recipe box. I like to make them during the holidays, but they are good anytime. They are crunchy, sweet and nutty. Prep time does not include chilling or cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (4 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a star disk, press dough 2 inches apart into long strips on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Cut each strip into 2-inch pieces (do not separate pieces).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy bars, stir until smooth.
- Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate, then into peanuts.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
very good, I think they might have needed a little more peanut butter (just personal preference) didn't have any chocolate bars handy so I microwaved 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed with 1 tablespoon shortening until melted and smooth, thanks for sharing hon, my peanut-butter loving DS enjoyed these!...Kitten:)